While a smartphone can take care of almost all your needs these days, owning a smartphone is not enough in today’s tech savvy “waste no time” world. The Samsung Gear S2 smartwatchcan come in handy in this regard as you can carry more on your wrist than in your backpack. The impeccableSamsung Gear S2 Smartwatchcombines the features of a regular smartwatch, a fitness band and is essentially like carrying a smartphone, only without having the need to take it out from your pocket every single time. What more could one possibly ask for? Samsung has righteously claimed that the future is now with Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch.
Lets delve into finding out what Samsung Gear S2 brings to the table:
What’s in the box? – Se7en style
Here’s what you will find upon unboxing. Brace yourselves:-
· Samsung Gear S2
· Watch strap (large size)
· Additional watch strap (small size)
· Travel adapter
· Wireless charging dock
· Quick start guide
What can the Samsung Gear S2 do for you?
This depends upon how far your imagination can take you. It can virtually steal all the limelight your smartphone once basked in. Sit back and enjoy some of the remarkable features and benefits of the Samsung Gear S2 –
1. Bluetooth connectivity–It can connect to most of the smartphones as it uses Bluetooth to pair to the phone and most smartphones come pre-equipped with Bluetooth technology.The Gear S2 is compatible with most Android and iOS devices so you can sync your devices and get more out of every moment of your day.
2. In focus – Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch provides quick and easy access to notifications, apps, and widgets. Track your fitness, check sports scores, skim restaurant reviews, and more.
3. Circular interface offers effortless navigation- The Samsung Gear S2 gives you access to all your important information in a circular design. Easily locate your favourite apps around the perimeter and just rotate the bezel to navigate through your notifications, apps, and widgets. The 360 x 360 pixel AMOLED touchscreen of the Gear S2 offers crisp images and sharp text on a compact 1.2-inch display.
4. All in a watch – The Samsung Gear S2 also offers 4 GB of internal storage, built-in Bluetooth 4.1, 512MB RAM, 300 mAh Li-ion battery(which can offer upto 2 days worth of battery), 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and a dual core 1.0 GHz processor for a fast and responsive operating system. The smartwatch is also equipped with smart sensors like Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer, GPS. It is also IP68 certified dust and water resistant so that you never have to turn your adventure mode off.
5. Convenient wireless charging dock–Samsung uses resonance technology to charge its smart device.Enjoy convenient built-in wireless charging with the Samsung Gear S2. Simply place your Samsung Gear S2 on the included wireless charging dock to power up.
6. Fitness bands are passé–Were you planning on buying a fitness band to track your physical activity and stay in shape. Dump your plans and buy a Samsung Gear S2 instead; track your fitness goals and stay motivated with S Health. The Samsung Gear S2 offers several built-in features to help you keep track of your daily activity levels and meet your exercise goals. The Gear S2 comes with Nike+ Running app built in so that you can avoid all the hassle later. The included S Health app lets you enter and track dietary concerns such as calorie, water, and caffeine intake and utilizes the watch’s accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, and heart rate monitor to track your activity. You can also customize your fitness goals and select the type of exercise you want to indulge into. You can even set notifications to warn you if you have been inactive for too long. Wear it on your wrist and burn some calories in fashion.
7. Easy Access to Notifications and Apps – With the Samsung Gear S2, you can receive notifications from your smartphone without having to take the phone out of your pocket. You can have calendar notifications, texts, or even news and sports updates right on your wrist with a glance.
8. Durable material –Made of durable stainless steel and scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass, the Samsung Gear S2 is designed for daily use. You don’t have to worry about the Gear S2 getting out of style because it simply won’t. The Gear S2 is IP68 rated to withstand dust and water and is also sweat resistant, so you can get the most out of your workouts and confidently wear the Gear S2 to the gym and work.
9. Customization reimagined – Featuring elegant curves and premium finishes, the Samsung Gear S2 is as stylish as it is functional. You can personalize your Samsung Gear S2 with customizable faces to create a smartwatch that is uniquely your own. Highly recommended if you are not a one watch person. With the Gear S2, be the talk of the town by customizing the face of the watcheven daily to your contentment.
10. All set – You can make more out of the Gear S2 as there are thousands of third party apps available to suit your fitment. Though you might have to be mindful of the limited storage capacity of the smartwatch.
Now let us address the elephant in the room: Should you buy a Samsung Gear S2?
Albeit the Gear S2 by Samsung could be an exceptional device especially with its rotating bezel, there can be an obvious question – is it worth the price paid for. That totally depends on what your pocket allows you to spend. If you can spend over 20 grands on a smart wearable, you should totally go for it. The Gear S2 is a great smart wearable there is and could possibly be included in the list of must-haves, but all of it comes at a price. In case you want a better option at a competitive price you should definitely check other options in the market. There are many brands which offer about the same features in a smartwatch as the Gear S2 at a lower price. Make sure to check out Fossil, Henoda, FanTEK, MoKo, Moretek, V-MORO and the likes before finally jumping to the decision to buy the Gear S2. In a nutshell, Samsung nailed the job of manufacturing a smart wearable and has definitely lived up to its reputation. Good luck!